All About Daily Mansfield UK News

Dropped Kerb Contractors Mansfield

Jan 21

Do you need a dropped kerb for your property? A kerb must be dropped if you are going to drive onto your land from the pavement. You must be able for your vehicle to cross the driveway from a commercial area or residential neighbourhood in order to access a highway.

Kerb dropping allows vehicles cross the asphalt between a driveway and the road. Anyone who wishes to drive on your property must comply with this legal requirement.

You can also view our video directly on YouTube

Kerb Dropping and Vehicle Crossover Specialists

Parking outside your home can be stressful. You might also have to pay a permit fee. It can be difficult to find parking spots in urban areas. If you plan to drive onto your property via pavement, a dropped slab is necessary. If you have questions take a look at our website Q and A's.

A commercial driveway or residential driveway must allow access to the highway. It allows vehicles access to the roadway from a driveway. To drive on your property, you must have one.

Local Kerb Dropping Contractors

A kerb-drop can be a significant improvement in accessing your property. Additionally, it will help prevent cars from parking on your driveway. According to the law regarding driveway access, a vehicle must be able to cross the footway to get to your driveway from a highway.

Driving on the footway is against the law if you do not. You could be charged with violating the law if you do.

The pavement in front of your property may need to be strengthened. Sometimes, it is necessary to move manhole covers or lampposts.

Mansfield Vehicle Crossover Experts

You should contact your local council to determine if permission is needed. Contact your local council to find out if you require planning permission. Costs to apply depend on the location.

Once permission has been granted, you will need to find a local specialist who can do the work.

It is definitely not a DIY job as the council has very specific requirements regarding service providers. Some councils will only allow you to use their approved contractors. Others permit you to use their contractors provided that they comply with the New Roads and Street Works Act. Highway assessments may be subject to an additional charge by the council.

You can make your life easier by hiring a drop kerb contractor registered with the local authority. Because they have a track record with their local council, they can file all your applications for you. They also get them through often quickly.

We have many years' experience installing drop-kerbs as well as applying for the necessary planning permission. We will visit you to measure your property, check for public utilities and determine if it is on a main street. Any other considerations necessary to obtain planning permission. We have lots of experience in this location and other towns too

We are an approved local authority firm and can assist your county council in installing a drop kerb that complies with all regulations.

Call us anytime for a free quote. Contact details are on our website.